From providing a great finish to giving protection against contamination, bead blasting is an important part of the stainless steel fabrication process for products destined for industries such as pharmaceutical, medical, food and beverage.
After fabrication and assembly, and before any paint finish is applied, bead blasting is carried out on stainless steel fabrications to achieve a clean and sanitary finish which is essential for industries where contamination must be avoided.
There are a number of benefits of bead blasting, which include that the process:
- Provides an all-over clean and consistent, streak-free finish.
- Ensures that the surface of the fabrication is free from lines, grooves, pits and divots which could harbour bacteria.
- Enables easier cleaning of the fabrication when in use.
- Safeguards against micro biological organisms that could be harboured around welds.
- Removes dirt and debris (deburring) which is created during machining operations such as profiling and drilling etc.
- Removes any scale left on the fabrication before and after any heat treatment processes, such as welding.
Here at C H Barnett, we have a bead blasting capacity of up to 5 x 4 x 3 meters, which means we can load machines into the cabinet and bead blast the whole machine in one go.
Further information about the range of services we offer can be found by browsing our website. However, if you have any questions about us or our stainless steel fabrication capacity, please get in touch with us today.